Service Technician - Midwest Region (Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana)Apply Now Job ID 5396083 Date posted 08/15/2017
The Service Technician position is responsible for providing customer service and maintenance functions to Loram customers within a specific region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build customer and supplier relations for improved products and services.
- Work with Sales Department to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Service top of rail and gauge face lubricator units to specified guidelines.
- Perform lubrication service program for railroad customers.
- Uses logic and methods to solve problems to find effective solutions.
- Understand and adhere to general railroad and Loram operating rules.
Managing and Measuring Work
- Manage inventory held on maintenance vehicle through company processes.
- Plans work based on length and task difficulty, develops schedules, and anticipates and adjusts for problems to meet objectives.
- Able to work independently.
- Process work orders and complete all necessary delivery tickets, warranty paperwork, and returns through approved company processes.
Maintaining unit uptime to customer expectations is critical to customer satisfaction, railroad fuel economy, and railroad’s wheel/rail life.
Building Customer Loyalty:
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Planning and Organizing:
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Recognized by others to as living and teaching the Loram values, and appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
| X |
Electrical and/or mechanical
1-2 years’ experience working in a railroad environment.
Field service experience.
Basic computer skills.
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% travel, using any method of transportation. Adequate transportation to and from
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce