Service Technician/CDL Driver - Friction Management (North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Minnesota)Apply Now Job ID 5396082 Date posted 09/19/2017
The Driver, FM Service Tech is responsible for driving a variety of vehicles for the transport of Company equipment. Primary responsibilities include truck maintenance, Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance (including accurate logbooks), and assisting in the service and maintenance of Railroad rail lubrication (Wayside and Hi-Rail) equipment based on the customers’ requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operational Excellence and Maintenance
- Maintain a well-running truck and trailerwhile in possession and after trips, including servicing as needed
- Ensure equipment is properly loaded, weightdistributed, secured, and protected for transportation
- Drive and/or operate the vehicle to and from thejobsite in a safe and responsible manner
- Perform DOT inspections per regulations
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date DOTlogbook per regulations
- Secure required special permits as needed
- Build customer and supplier relations for improved products and services.
- Work with Sales Department to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Service top of rail and gauge face lubricator units to specified guidelines.
- Perform lubrication service program for railroad customers.
- Uses logic and methods to solve problems to find effective solutions.
- Understand and adhere to general railroad and Loram operating rules.
Managing and Measuring Work
- Manage inventory held on maintenance vehicle through company processes.
- Plans work based on length and task difficulty, develops schedules, and anticipates and adjusts for problems to meet objectives.
- Able to work independently.
- Process work orders and complete all necessary delivery tickets, warranty paperwork, and returns through approved company processes.
- Maintain communication with Manager and FM Service Technicians to ensure on time material deliveries, timely completion FM service work; both scheduled and unscheduled
Deliver unrivaled customer service by delivering parts and equipment safely and reliably. Maintaining unit uptime to customer expectations is critical to customer satisfaction, railroad fuel economy, and railroad’s wheel/rail life
LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOR COMPETENCIES:
Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; consistently upholds safety standards. Has knowledge of conditions that affect employee safety under normal and crisis conditions; identifies conditions that might cause health or safety hazards and takes action to remove such hazards; understands all aspects of providing a safe environment.
Values Based Leadership:
Recognized by others as living and teaching Loram’s values and who appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Takes personal accountability for the safety of the crew and the equipment, quality of service, adherence to policies and procedures, FM Servicing customer and 3rd party damages, and actions of subordinates.
Able to calmly accept the realities of running a 24/7 operation in a high customer demand environment that often requires personal time commitment sacrifice in order to resolve urgent issues. Able to quickly sort out root cause of problems, whether they are real or perceived, and overcome obstacles, to maintain and grow Loram’s brand as the silent contractor that delivers on its promises.
Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team; provide individuals information so they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
Takes Direction & Effectively Executes:
Executes independently to solve problems with people, processes, and customers to deliver expected results
Major /Course of Study
| X |
Associate Degree (2)
| X |
Bachelor’s Degree (4)
1 – 4 Years
Understand Loram Maintenance of Way equipment’s role in highly demanding customer service environment.
1 – 3 Years
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
1 – 2 Years
Demonstrated technical skills such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and machine operations
1 – 2 Years
Ability to manage 24 hour operations, and ability to focus on machine maintenance to maximize performance and ensure safe working environment for railroad and Loram personnel.
1 – 2 Years
Demonstrated ability to learn best practices, continuously improve maintenance processes and passion for teaching others.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
All Railroad Specific Certifications to operate on track
Loram Operating Rules Certification
All Loram Required E-Learning, On the Job, and 3rd Party Safety Training
This position is considered to be a Safety Sensitive role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% or more travel, including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce