Quality & Production Project ManagerApply Now Job ID 5476739 Date posted 03/22/2018
The Quality and Production Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities for designated grinding programs and projects to assure that customer requirements are met within prescribed quality metrics, time frames and cost parameters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confer with customers and other Loram project staff to outline work-plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Effectively utilize the tools and software developed by Loram and other outside companies to meet the specific needs of each customer
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Responsible for maintaining schedules of designated grinding projects/programs and unique requirements for each project.
- Review Marketing Proposals to assure quotes services can be met, which may require site visits prior to award of contracts.
- Review project proposals to determine the time frame, funding requirements, procedures, and resources needed to complete the project.
- Ensure methods and equipment are available to validate quality of final product and determine the requirements for project completing.
- Prepare project reports for customers, Loram management, or other internal stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and identify opportunities for improving our service offerings
Ensure the machines, equipment and processes being utilized as part of a grinding program are meeting the quality and productivity expectations of the customer.
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
Strategic Decision Making:
Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Attend technical conferences and communicate with other industry experts to ensure our offerings are meeting the needs of the industry and identify opportunities for improving them. Ability to utilize software to effectively analyze and interpret machine and test equipment data.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Some post-secondary education required
Bachelor Degree (4 yr)
Preference for engineering or similar technical degree
Technical experience without Bachelor’s Degree.
Technical experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
*Or combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 50% or more travel throughout the U.S., Canada and International, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce