Manufacturing Project EngineerApply Now Job ID 6258925 Date posted 11/15/2017
The role of Manufacturing Project Engineer I is to direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning and organizing low to mid-level manufacturing projects to completion.
- Assist in the development of the product build cost estimate based on customer requirements defined in the Product Definition.
- Assist in the development of the project schedule by studying the project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends then recommending actions.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan, and schedule changes then recommending actions.
- Control project costs by approving engineering releases and change orders and monitoring purchase cost versus material cost estimate.
- Review engineering design and documentation while collaborating with engineering to create manufacturable structures.
- Evaluate and approve engineering design change, specification, and documentation releases.
- Provide feedback to engineering on design issues discovered during the build process.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by working with shop supervision to assure compliance to procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by involvement in Continuing Process Improvement initiatives.
- Assist and train less experienced Manufacturing personnel.
Through effective and accurate planning this position ensures the completion of low to mid-level projects by creating accurate project schedules and solutions to design challenges and production delays in order to provide a high quality product in accordance with customer specifications.
Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Mobilizing available internal and external resources to achieve organizational goals; proactively negotiating for and accessing resources outside one's immediate domain when necessary.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Process Management: Good at figuring out the department and cross-functional processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Safety Awareness: Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Values Based: Recognized by others to as living and teaching the Loram values, and appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
LEAN / Six Sigma
Yellow Belt and participation on Kaizen event or continuous improvement project.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 20% or more travel, including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce