Manager, Quality AssuranceApply Now Job ID 4449390 Date posted 04/14/2017
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing quality assurance programs designed to ensure continuous production of products and services consistent with established standards. Primary responsibilities include responsibility for all stages of the quality assurance process, from incoming component quality through outgoing equipment quality through definition and audit of service quality standards.
- Provide Total Quality Management (TQM) guidance to the company.
- Provide visionary leadership in implementation of quality processes for both products and services.
- Provide training and implement new procedures for ISO 9000 requirements.
- Work with managers and supervisors to improve and educate on the quality assurance process.
- Appraise customer requirements and ensure they are satisfied.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of all relevant quality records, including ISO documents and reports.
- Perform internal quality audits, checking compliance and effectiveness and institute corrective action on any non-conformance found.
- Prepare/revise operating procedures and work instructions.
- Identify Quality System needs.
Embed quality assurance programs and metrics at all levels of the organization to deliver increasingly high-quality products and services to both internal and external customers.
Facilitating Change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Learning and Innovation Culture: Encourages learning and experimentation at all levels, paying close attention and responding to special cause variations that either inhibit performance, or could positively impact overall results.
Passion for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Values Based Leadership: Recognized by others as living and teaching Loram’s values, and who appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to them.
Visionary Leadership: Respected, inspirational leader who articulates the vision of good, and mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
Courageous Decision Making: Enables others to share information, evaluate and make fact based decisions with appropriate sense of urgency, while standing ready to make final decisions when fear of the unknown or complacency gets in the way of progress.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
Quality Engineering or related Engineering field
1 - 10 Years
Quality Engineering Experience
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications
ISO 9000 (Preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 30% travel including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce
- General Laborer (Canada) - All Cities (Nationwide), ON
- General Laborer - Duluth, MN Duluth, Minnesota
- General Laborer - Columbus, GA Columbus, Georgia
- General Laborer - Milledgville, GA Milledgeville, Georgia
- General Laborer - Sandersville, GA Sandersville, Georgia