Learning & Development AdministratorApply Now Job ID 7791384 Date posted 04/12/2018
The role of the Learning and Development Administrator is to provide administrative support and ensure the proper documentation of training for all Loram employees, monitor employee’s expiration dates and assist and coordinator training renewals, while providing excellent customer service and being results oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative Processes - Leadership and Development
- Organize and disseminate information for the monthly training expiration.
- Maintain metrics, training records, and associated reports as required.
- Schedule and coordinate training events.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and write concise reports for all levels of employees and customers.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality of information.
- Assist with general data development, recording, database administration, and reporting processes.
- Ability to understand recordkeeping requirements for complex regulations and state and federal laws pertaining to employee training and certification.
- Perform quality analysis, prepare, and distribute reports as directed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of departmental standard work instructions.
- Suggest, lead, and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Administrative Processes – Talent Acquisition
- Effectively analyze and forecast weekly Loram staffing needs.
Through organization, resourcefulness, and efficiency this position will ensure continuity of company-wide training requirements and accuracy of both reporting and documentation impacting the outcomes of certifications and training compliance.
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Can quickly find common ground and solve problems; can solve problems with peers; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration.
Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions; and helps them understand, retain and engage.
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Enjoys working hard; is full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
Planning and Organizing:
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Mobilizing available internal and external resources to achieve organizational goals; proactively negotiating for and accessing resources outside one's immediate domain when necessary.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
Highly proficient in MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, and Outlook, or equivalent,
Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and have strong time management and project management.
Highly organized, possess strong problem solving skills, have high attention to detail, be energetic and pro-active in initiating solutions.
Experience with learning management systems, CornerStone
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce