International Marketing InternApply Now Job ID 4203137 Date posted 03/12/2017
The International Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting Loram’s International Sales and Marketing department in the development and implementation of its marketing and business development plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and management of machine sale proposals.
- Compile proposal supporting documents including financials (pricing history, P&Ls, cost estimate), summary of proposal, project definition, and other relevant information.
- Collaborate with engineering, project management, operations, finance, etc. to compile the technical and cost components of the proposal.
- Execute proposal approval process.
- Assist in the implementation of Qvidian Proposal software.
- Assist with managing the Customer Relationships Management System (CRM).
- Assist in preparing for upcoming tradeshows by reviewing registration requirements, marketing materials, etc.
Marketing Analytics, Information Management, and Business Development
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports for marketing management.
- Analyze and report on the cost trends of existing products.
Through analysis and documentation, this position assists the International Marketing and Sales Department with ensuring that accurate and detailed proposals are delivered to customers and that customer information is properly tracked for internal use.
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Planning and Organizing:
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Major/Course of Study
Associates Degree (2 yr)
Bachelors Degree (4 yr)
Marketing, English, and/or International Business
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10-25% travel, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce