Human Resources Intern -Summer 2018Apply Now Job ID 5683862 Date posted 09/11/2017
SUMMARY:The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support on a temporary basis to the HR department and its clients. This support is based from The HR department. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering
assistance and administrative support to HR generalists and consultants on various
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Update job descriptions and policies
- Assist in implementing HR policies and procedures
- Assist with data entry and configuration with the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Establish and maintain administrative and processes that allow effective management of all correspondence, reporting requirements and documentation
- Coordinate recruitment activities and induction process for new hires
- Updating and accurately maintaining data of existing employees
- Be accessible and respond to staff/manager inquiries in a timely manner
- Participate in intern activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in Human Resource Management undergraduate courses or a related educational program
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:The individual must be pursuing a BS degree in Human Resource Management and shall have achieved junior status or higher. The individual shall also have completed the "core" coursework for his/her chosen discipline.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Ability to use computer keyboards and screens to access information needed to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Working knowledge of general-purpose business software to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/ problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls’ reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proudto be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,and Individuals with Disabilities.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce