HR Business PartnerApply Now Job ID 4065360 Date posted 02/23/2017
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner guides and coordinates daily HR operations for a given employee population (ie. Operations, Engineering, Corporate) or combination of two or more. This includes providing perspectives and input to all relevant policies and programs, providing consultative services to senior business teams on organizational performance, all HR products and services, providing key HR data that impacts an organizations business, and assisting in the establishment and review of individual performance goals and performances against those goals.
Employee Relations Management
- Conduct investigations and handle employee complaints; make recommendations for discipline to ensure equitable treatment; support the manager for his/her employee performance management discussion.
- Respond to EEO complaints from agencies and represents the company at hearings or mediations with agencies or legal teams.
- Provide EEO related training (discrimination, harassment, etc.).
- Assist managers with employee mentoring and performance management
Talent and Resource Development
- Work with department VP and leaders in the development of annual objectives and facilitate quality checks to ensure employees are working towards objectives.
- Work with department VP and leaders to build resource plan and ensure postings are out, review applicants, short list key positions in coordination with Recruiting.
- Manage and facilitate department talent review processes and succession planning process through entire life-cycle.
- Manage competency-based job descriptions and department organization charts with assistance from department leaders.
Strategic Guidance and Consultation
- Attend regular department meetings to discuss strategies, resource planning, etc.
- Proactively communicate upcoming corporate deliverables – annual objectives, HR initiatives etc.
- Spend 30-50% of time with department business leaders providing leadership coaching and metrics for the department (i.e. attrition, retention, pattern discipline, etc.).
- Facilitate department annual compensation adjustment process, incentive plans, and bonus plans via reliable analytics.
Through process management and facilitation, this position ensures that all Loram employees are treated fairly and equitably and that departments receive the information and metrics they need to operate efficiently and effectively.
Values Based Leadership: Recognized by others as living and teaching Loram’s values and who appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Driving Execution: Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Trusting and Transparent Based Communication: Is naturally inclusive and shares information to instill a learning culture and to drive dialogue, debate, and decisiveness. Values and promotes cross functional relationships with peers to build trust and transparency across organizational lines, for the good of the whole.
Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one's understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization's position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Bachelor’s Degree (4 yr)
Master’s Degree, PRH or SHPR
8 + Years
Human Resource experience
3 + Years
5 + Years (Preferred)
Progressive Human Resources Management or Senior Human Capital Consulting experience
Experience in multiple Human Resources disciplines (Staffing, Training, Employee Relations, Compensation, Leadership Development, Talent Management, Project Management)
Experience in the rail industry
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 50% travel including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce