Order Management AdministratorApply Now Job ID 6807552 Date posted 01/12/2018
This position is responsible to process and coordinate internal and external customer order entry and order processing for the Friction Management department. Acts as liaison with Friction Management as point of contact for assigned issues related to part availability, order entry, delivery timing, and other related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to process a high volume of customer purchase orders and material requisitions with speed, proficiency, accuracy, and integrity.
- Utilize the IFS, ORISS, CSX Portal, and UPRR SMRT, BNSF logistics, NS logistics to communicate with operations and production to ensure timely order movement.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and mitigate order issues, reschedules, PO line item changes, and urgent requests by working with FM engineering, inventory management, and customers.
- Maintain accurate records of order requirements and executed results.
- Identify process and system improvements, and coordinate ad-hoc projects to improve and support order management and efficiency gains.
- Document order management procedures.
- Committed to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining professionalism under pressure.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers and serve as their one of the crucial point of contact for order management.
Order Planning and Prioritization:
- Manage order entry, scheduling, and order acknowledgement while maintaining adherence to FM processes and field projects, and services.
- Collaboratively work with cross-functional partners (Field Op Services and Production) on receipts and orders for new customer POs. Consistently works as a team to support those team members in times of need when workload is high and quality of communication is difficult. Help as needed to balance work load.
- Monitor and coordinate the overall customer order bank with production activities to assure on time delivery.
- Prepare and deliver pick sheets to the warehouse and remote storage locations for packing in coordination with the shipment schedule, want date, or overhaul plan.
Through ensuring the proper processing and execution of all internal and external customer orders and good customer service, this position affects the FM field service reliability, efficiency, and operational standards that Loram has set for internal and external customers in both planned and emergency situations.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Process Management: Good at figuring out the department and cross-functional processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Values Based: Recognized by others to as living and teaching the Loram values, and appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Major /Course of Study
Associate Degree (2 yr)
Bachelor’s Degree (4 yr)
Experience with Class I on-line and logistical coordination
Communication, organization, and administrative experience.
Experience working independently and with a constant sense of urgency.
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special licenses, other education, certification or professional memberships:
Maintain railroad safety training and certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a multi-faceted, multi-tasking, and fast activity environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.
Hamel Office and Operations Profiles
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc., provides some of the most sophisticated railway maintenance equipment to the railroads of the world. Complementing this equipment is a team of highly professional employees, dedicated to bringing the best in equipment and service to our customers. If “dedicated, professional and committed” are part of your profile, take a close look at the profiles of our team.More
General Labor and Field Operations Opportunities
As a General Laborer at Loram, you’ll have the opportunity to turn ambition into job satisfaction. Help us deliver advanced equipment, technology and services to the railroads of North America. At Loram, you’ll be supported by an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, great pay, and an opportunity for growth — everything you need to build a bright future.More
Life at Loram
We are strong community partners and participate in numerous community activities including the United Way fundraising, IOCP sleep out for the homeless, local holiday festivals, Women’s Initiative Network, and support our military with our 20/20 vision program – working to employ 20% of our workforce from those who have served in our military by the year 2020.Explore Minnesota Uptown Hamel I-94 West Chamber of Commerce