GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
Responsible for concentrating activities that involve increasing revenue of products for Friction Management.Facilitate sales through developing and maintaining relationships with customers, increased product and service knowledge, understanding of the railroad maintenance environment, diagnosing and solving customer problems and liaising between the customer and headquarters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Continue relationships with established and potential customers, always fostering increasing business relationships through knowledge, innovation and investigation, promote an open exchange of ideas and strategies; converse with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to meet these needs.
- Represent Loram at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing customers, considering statistics and expenditures; be able to analyze and forecast revenue expectations for an assigned territory and account base.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Ability to plan and manage extensive travel.
- Assist clerical staff to keep records of correspondence, bid requests and credit collections.
- Assist department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and other consumer specifications
- Manage technical sales aspect of all Friction Management products
- Manage customer request for design changes and their review process
- Review competing technologies and benchmark against all products in the market
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Collaborate and develop sales strategies for all Friction Management product lines
- Develop after-market services and product upgrade strategies
- Develop a process for the management of product data
1. Action Oriented
2. Customer Focus
3. Building Partnerships
5. Organizational Agility
6. Learning and Innovation Culture
Education: BS degree in Engineering or Technical related field
Experience: 2-3 years of product development responsibilities, with expertise in supplier relations, materials, and project management disciplines. 3-4 years of customer support and relations, dealing with issues and problem solving.
Licenses/Certifications: Maintain Railroad Certifications
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer
- May lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Up to 50% or more travel including international, using any method of transportation.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.