Plan, direct, and coordinate all assigned Project activities to ensure execution within the prescribed timeframe and approved funding parameters. Strong aptitude in mechanical design, product specification, contractual obligations, project logistics and customer acceptance requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage multiple complex projects and sophisticated project schedules from customer tender, through delivery and customer acceptance
- Define, initiate, and plan projects to ensure proper scope and estimate. Manage and communicate project cost, P&L management, and project change orders
- Validate ERP derived project cost estimates and exemplifies solid ERP skills to drive action
- Support and plan for machine testing, training, commissioning and customer acceptance
- Establish work plans and staffing for each project phase
- Maintain project visual boards, with ongoing project forecast updates, and monthly and quarterly project updates
- Stage-gate process champion with strict adherence to process documentation completion
- Work with Engineering, Marketing, Accounting and Strategic Sourcing on project cost estimates (budgetary and full project quotes) for Contract submission
- Customer interface to ensure project scope compliance, yet managing project creep
- Mentor, support and assist Project Management-I training on best practices and procedures
- Effectively lead cross-functional teams and coordination of team activities; ensuring appropriate and timely issue escalation
- Achieve project Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all assigned projects
Adaptability: Effective when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment.
Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas to individuals, including executive level, regarding risks and risk mitigation. Communicate in a clear and succinct manner which compels others to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals.
Customer Focus: Ensure customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
Decision Making: Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities and then using data from varying sources to draw conclusions. Have confidence to make decisions and recommend controversial decisions to the executive level.
Planning and Organizing: Establish course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Gain knowledge of how the organization works and how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understand the purpose behind policies, practices, and procedures, and understand the culture of the organization.
Values Based Leadership: Recognized by others as living and teaching Loram’s values and who appropriately responds when others behave in opposition to the values.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Business related
Experience: 4 to 10 years of Project management experience
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Education: Advanced Degree
Special licenses, certification or professional memberships: Project Management Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer
- May lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- 20% or more travel including international
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes challenging conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.