Interview Location: Hamel, MN
Job Title:Manager, Learning and Development
Reports to:Director, Safety and Learning Development
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for the creation, execution and continuous improvement of employee training across all functions. This includes all facets of program management to meet deliverables, curriculum development, and delivery methods, ensuring compliance to all railroad specific and regulatory training, which is critical to the business, along with behavioral skills training and leadership development initiatives.Longer term strategies include developing for all LORAM global offerings both for employees and training specific to our rail grinding technologies for our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Employ project management discipline and use the tools to drive on time delivery of courses
- Continuously communicate to company executives, managers and team members on status
- Evaluate and secure qualified vendors to lead or assist in content development and/or delivery
- Facilitate engagement of leaders and subject matter experts to develop training content for field, manufacturing, and office employees
- Align all training to company and functional strategies and competency development
Railroad Specific Training and Compliance
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate railroad safety and regulatory leaders to help influence and ensure understanding of all required railroad training and certifications
- Oversee the notification, tracking, analysis, scheduling and delivery of all regulatory (FRA, OSHA, etc.) and railroad training requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all Federal Railroad Regulatory requirements and participate in industry associations (example: NRC, AREMA)
- Develop and deliver field training programs
- Direct responsibility for designing and delivering new hire orientation
- Working knowledge of enabling technologies and actionable analytics to promote learning
- Ensure offerings meet the needs of adult learners in their environments (i.e. e-learning, classroom etc.)
- Develop and facilitate leadership learning programs and forums
- Driving Execution
- Building Partnerships
- Trusting Transparent Based Communication
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Values Based Leadership
Education:Bachelor s Degree in Communications, Training and Development, Engineering, Human Resources, or related
Experience:2+ YearsBasic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic assembly or operation.3+ years emerging e-learning technologies that enable online learning and measurement -Program and Project Management,Training Design, and Facilitation.5+ Years Leading a team of technical trainers, project managers and e-learning content developers and Facilitation of content development.
Or 14+ years experience of Training and Development, Communications, or Technical Training using emerging technology in lieu of education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone computer
- May lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- 10% or more travel including international
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes challenging conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.