Interview Location: Hamel, MN
Job Title:Procurement Manager
Department:Supply Chain Services
Reports to:Manager, Sourcing
LORAM MAINTENANCE OF WAY. Loram is a leading supplier of track maintenance and friction management services and equipment in North America and around the globe. We provide maintenance of way services to all Class I railroads and many short line, transit and commuter railroads. Loram has more than 250 machines and 2,300 friction management units located in 16 different countries.
Over 60 years of serving the railroad industry with the most advanced technologies, the most reliable and productive maintenance of way equipment and the expert services that set Loram apart.That s the Loram difference.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
The Procurement Manager has the responsibility for an assigned group of commodities within the steel fabrication, contract manufacturing and engineering process to drive quality, delivery, cost efficiency and sustainability of direct material supply throughout the total product lifecycle. Performs all activities necessary to accomplish cost, schedule and quality objectives in the procurement of fabricated steel components and in some cases with selected contract manufacturers.The experienced Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading the procurement efforts and managing operational supplier relationships, administer contractual terms and optimize cost to ensure the supply chain can deliver materials to support technical, production and service requirements.
Ensuring proper procurement actives are effectively deployed with stakeholders, internal customers and suppliers, this position impacts on-time delivery of equipment, equipment uptime performance, contributes to cost control activities, and overall internal and external customer satisfaction. This position typically manages multiple supplier relationships (< 50) with a total commodity portfolio between $20-$30 Million.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with engineering, marketing/sales, and Suppliers to drive supply chain strategies that influence technical design decisions and capabilities.Support cross functional project team meetings and maintain Loram functional area relationships to manage procurement activities and deadlines
- Manages supplier relationships for improvements/changes to materials and services, price marketing changes, processes, and other supplier changes that can affect the delivery of the final product
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities. Responsible for supplier performance and rating based on Key Performance Metrics (KPI) for Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Under minimal direction, maintains supplier relationships through effective communications
- Conduct and follow up Purchase Price Variance (PPV) activities, budgeting, forecast and actual, and annual price negotiations as well as any other initiatives for assigned commodities
Supplier Relationships and Management
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers given the assigned commodity strategy
- Actively drive and implement for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Require compliance from suppliers to contracts and purchase order terms and conditions, involving all the performance parameters for which they are contractually responsible
- Implements and maintains superior supply base management techniques and consolidated solution procurement.
- Utilize effective procurement processes to evaluate quotations for required materials from qualified suppliers.
- Manage purchasing process on large projects within the steel fabrication and contract manufacturing commodity thru while working through engineering change orders (ECR) and Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR) with Suppliers.
- Work with buyers to ensure the preparation and issuance of purchases are in alignment with business needs.
- Review and update instructions and recommendations regarding purchasing processes and procedures.Implement changes to ISO work instructions as required
- Action Orientated
- High Impact Communication
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Passion for Results
- Problem solving
Education:Bachelor s Degree in business, engineering, finance, economics or related field
- Minimum 6 years Procurement/Commodity management experience or 7+ years functional expertise in engineering/heavy fabrication/contract manufacturing
- Proven project management experience in managing and/or facilitating a team
- Strong background working cross functionally with finance, engineering, marketing, and other business functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in all Microsoft applications, general ERP systems (IFS knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintain interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- 5+ years steel fabrication/contract manufacturing industry experience within engineering or procurement
- CPM/CPSM/APICS/MBA/Engineering certification or other related licenses
- General understanding of the lean/Six Sigma practices and processes
- Experience working with design documentation/engineering drawings a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office desk work, requiring sitting, walking, using phone computer
- May include up to 20%travel domestically and potential for international travel
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes challenging conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment