Interview Location:Georgetown, TX
With the increasing global concern surrounding the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, LORAM wishes to reiterate its priority to the health and well-being of the LORAM community and the communities we work in across the globe. We are monitoring and evaluating the news and the spread of Coronavirus and our LORAM Pandemic Response Team (PRT) is following guidance from all state and federal agencies, the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control as we work to create the safest conditions possible.
Our offices and field operations crews in North America, and globally, have intensified cleaning protocols, as well as best practices while in communities interacting with the public, for both the safety of our employees as well as the communities at large.
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and will be instituting process and practices to protect the health and safety of all of our employees as we continue to hire for the 2020.
Georgetown Rail (GREX), provides unparalleled services to railroad clients across North America. With some of the most advanced equipment in ballast delivery and track inspection services, GREX is committed to technology and safety. We offer generous compensation and stellar benefits and retirement options .
The Operating Technician Dump Train , a field based position traveling a 21/7 rotation, is responsible for unloading a specialized aggregate delivery system per instruction from the Railroad Customer. Perform regular maintenance of equipment, trouble shoot problems, and make repairs as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Attend continuing Company internal and customized training.
Accountabilities and Responsibility
• Unload aggregate from the Dump Train equipment per instructions from the Railroad Customer.
• Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance, including but not limited to, performing mechanical adjustments (solely or assisted by a mechanic), use typical mechanic and electrician tools to test equipment, and dismantle, repair, and reassemble various components of equipment.
• Clean debris and lubricants from parts, work area, and equipment.
• Check and fuel vehicles and equipment.
• Perform work in technical areas such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting, and pipefitting.
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
• Communicate with customers.
• Complete routine paperwork as required.
• Send daily activity reports using Windows based phones.
2. Customer Focus
3. High-Impact Communication
4. Learning on the Fly
5. Problem Solving
6. Values Based
Education:High School Diploma or GED
Experience:Minimum of 1 year of working knowledge working with MS Windows.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience using heavy equipment.
Licenses/Certifications: Maintain Railroad Certifications
Maintain a valid Driver’s License, in order to be insurable by the Company insurance company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knows and understands operation, maintenance, and repair of specialized components.
• Working knowledge of hazards, safety precautions and operating limits of the equipment operating.
• Must have general knowledge and understanding of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of typical rail cars and their basic components.
• Need to know how to use a computer.
• Knows and understands what it is to communicate with a customer.
• Ability to perform physical labor and heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions to accomplish goals.
• Ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on heavy equipment.
• Ability to rapidly locate nearest source of help as necessary with limited resources.
• Ability to read and write; to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions.
• Ability to make independent judgements which have considerable impact on the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the Customer.
• Be able to travel by air and work minimum of 21 days in a row.
Experience:Minimum of 1-year experience using an Excavator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 100% travel including international, using any method of transportation.
• Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
• Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
• Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
• Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment in a railroad environment.
• Frequently work in high, precarious places and occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles and possible risk of electric shock.
• Work near moving mechanical parts and frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
• Work environment noise is usually loud.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lift or move up to 100 lbs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.